Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Mommy!

That's what Vivian kept saying to me as she handed me each Disney Princess picture she created with her AquaDoodle.

And it might as well have been Happy Father's Day to me because I had a really wonderful weekend. For the record, I believe Curt did as well.

Friday night began with a trip to the Hamburg Family Fun Fest. I met up with some other Mommy friends so Curt had a free pass and a kid-free night. And he deserved it after playing Mr. Mom for weeks on end while I was in rehearsals and performances for Kiss Me Kate. Hmmm. I should probably blog about that. I had a BLAST doing the show! Anyhoo, back to Hamburg. The girls rode a ton of rides before we got drenched with rain. No fireworks that night but we did have fun hanging out at Jayme's house for awhile.



On Saturday, I made a ton of money NOT singing! I was originally scheduled to sing two weddings that day. However, due to some scheduling snafu, I was off the hook for the noon wedding and then the 2:00 wedding shortened the service to just three songs. And since the snafu was not my fault, the music director said he'd cut a check for me anyway. DaHAM! I'll do more weddings like that any day.

This short commitment freed up most of my morning to FINALLY deal with the weeds that were taking over my yard. And since we got pummelled with rain on Friday, they were a breeze to pull! Eureka! My day continued with Sat. evening Mass (the girls were mostly good) and a trip to the nursery while Curt played disc golf. As I was putting flowers and plants in my car, I received a text that Curt was home and already cooking dinner. Yahoo! We ate dinner and drank wine on the sun porch and had a relaxing end to the day.

Father's day started out with Curt opening the gifts that the girls made and wrapped for him. From there, we hit high gear and couldn't stop: lawn mowing, flower planting, house-cleaning, grocery-shopping, laundry. We were amazing. And being productive never felt so good.

We celebrated our hard work with a nice relaxing evening at Top of the Park -- one of our favorite summertime activities. Vivian danced and made new friends, Audrey became a budding violinist and Curt and I just got to hang out on our blanket sipping our wine, uh water.

Ahhhhhhh . . .




No comments: