Sunday, September 6, 2009

Takin' care of business

Curt and I hosted the Kiss Me Kate video party last night at our house. We were blessed with beautiful weather so it was easy to have an outdoor large screen viewing on our garage door. Isn't that what all video parties should be like?

In any case, it was fun reliving (some of) the show and see some folks I don't get the chance to see on a regular basis.

The kids were great and there were no major incidents to report. We left them alone for huge chunks of time so it's always a gamble. Yeah, I found pieces of "Candyland" scattered all over the living room and some juice was spilled on the floor in front of the couch but if that's all that happened, then I'm well-pleased.

The party ended around 11:30 and then Curt and I got into clean-up mode. We usually do just enough not to embarrass ourselves within the neighborhood and then finish the rest the next day. We got all of the foodstuffs into the kitchen when it occurred to me that I should probably check on my girls . . . things were too quiet. The last I knew, they were going to watch Pink Panther on the living room TV.

I walk into the living room to find Audrey snuggled up in the blanket sound asleep on the couch. Awesome. One down. "Maybe Vivian put herself to bed?" I thought. That would be absolutely perfect! I walk upstairs. Not in Audrey's room. Not in her bed. Not in our room. It's too quiet. Where is she??

I turn and look into the bathroom. There she is, on the floor in front of her training potty. She quickly looks up and says, "I"m just cleaning this, Mommy." She has a bottle of Windex and a towel. She's spraying the carpet with Windex. I quickly deduce that Vivian didn't quite make it to the potty. Her skirt and underwear are located on the floor about a foot away. And instead of the spray carpet cleaner, Vivian grabbed the Windex.

Oh. my. Gawd.

She is sooooo cute!

No comments: