Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Feeling Lent

Today is Ash Wednesday.

I'm in a Lenten sort of mood so I say bring it on with as much furor as I can muster. (Mostly because I had a wee bit too much fun last night at a Mardi Gras-style event I sang on. For more details click here.)

I guess I should commit to the fact that I've been thinking about giving up alcohol for Lent. (Good thing I got my fill last night.) That's what I gave up last year as well . . . but I got off to a slow start. Perhaps I needed that Fat Tuesday indulgence first.

There have been times in years past when I truly loved the Lenten season. Lent is a time for soul-searching and repentance. It is a season for reflection and taking stock. That is exactly what I need right now. My heart has some healing to do.

No comments: