Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A new favorite: Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

I love it when a new recipe find becomes something I want to make over and over again.I was desperately looking for an appetizer that would go along with the Waugh Christmas menu . . . which mostly consisted of sandwiches. My onion pie had already been requested but since I also made that at Thanksgiving I felt inspired to add something else. Everybody loves stuffed mushrooms, right? I'm thrilled to say that these hit the mark!

So much so, that I'm making them again for the New Years Eve party I'm attending tonight!

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

Ingredients
  • 48 large fresh mushrooms
  • 1 19 ounce Johnsonville® Italian Mild Sausage Links (I purchased chub sausage and it worked just fine without the extra trouble of removing the casings)
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated


    Directions

    1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
    2.Remove mushroom stems and discard; set caps aside.
    3.Place mushroom caps on foil-lined baking sheets; set aside.
    4.Remove sausage casings. (thankfully not necessary!)
    5.In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
    6.Remove from heat. Stir in bread crumbs and set aside.
    7.In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic until smooth.
    8.Combine cream cheese mixture and sausage.
    9.Fill each cap with sausage and cream cheese mixture.
    10. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
    11.Bake for 14-16 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.

No comments: