Friday, March 28, 2008

Date Night!

My husband and I are going to try a date night tonight. I say "try" because this is the date we were supposed to go on last Friday night. And boy were we pumped to go on this date! My husband had it all planned out and we were both looking forward to it.

And then the weather hit.

And it snowed and snowed and snowed. It took hubby forever to get home from work. I was already home since it was Good Friday. I called the sitter and called it off. So sad. Hubby made up for it by bringing sushi home for dinner. That was nice!

So, here we are a week later and a little deja vu has set in. We're doing the exact same date that we planned and hired the same sitter. But why aren't we as excited? Are we expecting something to go wrong again? I mean, because it has to right? We're not entitled to a grown-up, dressed up evening together, are we?

I DO hope our attitudes get an adjustment when we're sipping drinks in the mojito bar we plan to hit first.

No comments: