Thursday, April 9, 2009

Can you feel the love tonight?

My butt is dragging today. But it was worth it.

I took Audrey to see The Lion King at the Wharton Center last night.

The evening did not start off well since I had trouble getting out of work early enough to run some errands like I hoped. Little things like, get money and put gas in the car. So . . . we were flying down I-96 hoping and praying that we wouldn't hit any snags.

No such luck.

Could someone please tell me WHY, OH WHY the Wharton Center website doesn't mention that the exit ramp to I-127 is CLOSED right now?????!!!! ACK!

I do not do well with detours and I lived up to my reputation last night. I was spitting nails in the car in between apologies to Audrey.

We missed a little bit of the show but it didn't dampen the appeal for Audrey. I had to get through 1/4 of the first act before I was calm enough to enjoy it. But enjoy it, I did. The singing and the spectacle were amazing!

At the intermission, we caught up with Kailey and her family and moved to our correct seats. Audrey was in heaven sitting next to Kailey for the second half. We also picked up a few Lion King trinkets that she was pretty pleased about.

Audrey asked me if we were going to go up on stage after the show like we did for Beauty and the Beast. ahhhh . . . if ONLY!

Like a good girl, she fell asleep immediately when she got settled in the car while I tackled the road construction trying to figure my way out of there and on toward home.

Curt had a date night with Vivian at Arbor Brewing so the two of them continued their love fest with each other.

I need to schedule some Vivian nights in the future, too.

No comments: