Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day at the preschool


For a couple of years now, Vivian's preschool has hosted a Mother's Day lunch on the Friday closest to Mother's Day. I look forward to it every year!
Not only is the food yummy (chicken grilled on the grill outside, mixed greens, fruit salad) but it's just so much fun to break up my hectic work schedule for lunch with my daughter. And visiting with other mommies is pretty cool, too.

This lunch was particularly joyful for me since I had spent the entire week putting together a proposal package that had to be hand delivered by 2:00 on Friday to our client (Consumers Energy). I fretted about whether I could push the deadline a bit so I could go to lunch at noon with Vivian. The gods (and my hard work) prevailed and I had the package completely finished by 11:45!! I tossed it to the guy who was going to drive it to the client and flew out of there. What a great relief!



All the kids made potholders for their mom's. Here's Vivian sizing up her hand.

And here's a close-up.

No comments: