Tuesday, December 1, 2009

and then there were none

Due to city budget cuts this year, Curt and I were forced (er . . . had the privilege) to BAG all of our leaves instead of merely raking them to the curb like we've done since the day I moved into our house. [And it was quite literally, the day I moved in. I purchased the house in October of 1992.]

Please don't mention the Ypsilanti City Manager's name to Curt in casual conversation. That is, unless you enjoy seeing the veins popping out of his head.

All total, we filled 80 lawn bags full of leaves. EIGHTY. The pic below only shows 62. But the pic below that shows how many more leaves we still had to go.

And I won't mention that the city did not supply us with any bags and that I had to go to three different stores one afternoon to find some.

I just kept thinking . . . "gee, this is good exercise!"





And then there were none (finally).







No comments: