Thursday, June 12, 2008

No more pencils, No more books

School's out for summer.

Today was Audrey's last day of kindergarten. I was WAY more emotional about today than I was about her first day of kindergarten. Who knew? I cried real tears when I was talking to Mrs. Magos (Audrey's teacher) today at the class party.

Mrs. Magos was telling me how much she enjoyed Audrey this year, will miss her next year and how Audrey is probably going to enjoy her new school next year. And then I tried to communicate to her that Audrey has been crying whenever the subject comes up because she already misses her friends. Tried I say. The words wouldn't come out. Instead I found myself welling up with tears myself.

Damn. That was a surprise.

Thank goodness Curt was there to crack a joke or something. I honestly don't remember what he said.

So, school is out and I'm sad. Like mother, like daughter.

Summer camp starts on Monday and I couldn't BE more happy about having Audrey go to summer camp this year. I can't wait for the field trips, the rehearsals for the musical, the performances, the week she goes away to camp and we just hang out with Vivian, the parties on the deck.

Geesh. Will there be more tears this August? I assume so.

No comments: