Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Step, together, step, brush

We had a very busy weekend.

I think I'm still in recovery. Between a retirement party an hour away, a wedding that I sang, a very fun birthday party (Happy Birthday Molly - we loved it!) and a whole lotta' ballet, we were spent.

Did I mention ballet?

This weekend was Audrey's third-ever ballet recital. For some reason recital weekend always feels all-consuming. I think it's the hair. I spend quite a bit of time getting that helmet head ready. And then there are the costume fittings and fixes . . . plus an inappropriately-timed dress rehearsal in the middle of the day on Saturday. I couldn't even go to the dress rehearsal since I was singing the wedding I mentioned above. Curt tackled dress rehearsal without me. I heard he did fine.

I honestly can't imagine life without this recital. I look forward to it every year. For nine months, we trek to the studio every Saturday morning and it all culminates to about three minutes on stage. But it's SO worth it.

And Vivian was a CHAMP sitting in the seats with us. She even "danced" along sitting on my lap and thoroughly enjoyed clapping for each and every piece.

Audrey and her best friend Nicolas were an adorable pair. I already can't wait until next year! Do you think that has anything to do with the celebrating we always do after the recital?

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh how fun. Audrey is so talented and it is obvious that Vivian is waiting for her turn to join the troupe. The pix are gorgeous. Now....when does mom get some rest?

Kathy W said...

Rest? Is there such a thing?