Monday, June 30, 2008

And here it is!

Life has been busy so far this summer. So busy in fact that I haven't had a chance to get in here to write about the play structure! I suck.



So, uh, yeah, we have this fantastic play structure in our back yard now! I'm not sure who loves it more . . . the kids or their Dad.
I may have already mentioned this, but Vivian's favorite thing to do is to climb UP the Turbo Tube slide. She's too afraid to slide down the thing. It goes too fast and she loses control at the bottom. I was worried that she would never go near it again after slip-sliding miserably a couple of times . . . but after cousin Paul visited and taught my two girls the miracle of climbing up the slide (and on top of it - but Audrey and Viv have yet to try that death-defying technique) Vivian is ALL about it. Of course, she says, "Mommy, I go down the slide!" when in reality she's just climbing up . . . but it's still cute as hell.

Audrey is learning how to do flips on the trapeze-y thing between the two swings. That's pretty cool for a girl who was horribly afraid of the balance beam in gymnastics a few short years ago (the same beam that rests an entire six inches off of the floor or something ridiculous like that.)
Daddy's favorite thing to do after a long hard day of yard work is to perch on top of the 7 foot platform with a beer and a cigar. The platform literally sits in the tree branches. He said he considered trimming the branches . . . but it is truly magical to be up that high in our favorite tree . . . without actually being in the tree. It's a nice spot to hang out.

Which, reminds me, I need to buy some cup holders for the platform. We have a party coming up!

Curt tells me that this has completed Phases 1 and 2 of the play structure. There's a Phase 3 but that is being saved for another day (or year).

Thanks honey. It's truly wonderful. Nothing pleases me more than to see people enjoying it. I can't imagine what that must feel like for YOU.

1 comment:

Judy said...

There is something about the shape and color of that green tube that makes me think that it has powerful vacuum action going on and if you ascend to the top, you will be sucked down the tube. Cedar Pointe will be jealous. Well done Curt and Kathy. Your babies will never forget this delight.