Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home, sweet home

Hey there --

I have nothing of major importance to write about. But I figured you'd all miss me if I didn't get in here once in awhile. You would. Admit it.

I think the girls were a little confused by several business trips that Curt and I went on. I was gone for a few days last week, Curt went camping with his guy friends over the weekend and then we BOTH left on business this week. Our trips so barely scraped by each other that we had to call in our good friend, Caitlin, to watch the girls for the four-hour time span when both of us were gone at the same time.

Audrey, usually very happy-go-lucky, seemed to struggle a bit when I left on my last trip. She had some tears in her eyes and kept begging me not to go. Gee, thanks kid. As if I didn't feel bad enough already.

I'm home again and couldn't be happier. What's funny is that even Audrey has been saying, "Ahhh . . . it feels good to be home." And she didn't go anywhere!

She must be reading my mind.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Children want their lives to be extremely predictable and everything in its place. No changes, thank you. And yet, this is not the stuff of growth. Your babies have passed the test. They grow, they adapt and you support that. All good.