Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vivian Reads!

Okay, this still has nothing to do with our crazy busy weekend but I'm feeling a little disorganized (can you say hormonal?) this week. So, forgive me if I'm hopping around a bit. Just go with it.

Audrey has been at camp since I dropped her off Monday morning. Tears . . . both from Audrey and then me later in the day when I realized how sad her tears made me feel. Ugh. (I did mention I was hormonal, right??) But, on a positive note, I talked to her yesterday and she's doing well. She said she made me some earrings. I can't wait to see them. And by "can't wait" I mean I'm hoping they're something wear-able. If not, perhaps we can hang them on the Christmas tree in a few months. [oh . . . there I go again . . . living my entire life in one split second. Curt simply loves that feature.]

Anyway, this has been a week of bonding time with Vivian. She has been completely stuck on two books lately and we read them every night: Five Little Ducks and The Three Little Pigs. I guess she's big on counting right now.

By the third reading of Five Little Ducks, I figured I should videotape her for posterity's sake. My favorite part is when she accidentally flips two pages and I don't realize it at first. She's trying to figure out why the words she wants to say aren't matching the page. SO cute. You'll note at the end of this video she asks to read The Three Little Pigs "again."

Good NIGHT, Vivian!



2 comments:

Kailey S. said...

this is too cute!! :)

Kathy W said...

Thanks, Kailey! I have to agree with you. ;-)