Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A night of relaxation after a weekend of drama


Not bad drama . . . I'm talking about real drama . . . as in theater.

I'm very happy to report that I had my first evening OFF since sometime in September (other than the "fake" night off I had last Monday) . . . . and I enjoyed myself!! I made dinner for my family (actually cut up things and seasoned them and cooked them and stuff!!) and we all hung around the dinner table for a very long time.

Curt had his laptop sitting on the dining table and we started performing computer karaoke during dinner. We're producing a karaoke contest/show in a couple of weeks (yes, that other one . . . more on that later) so we've been researching songs and getting organized. In any case, it was a lot of fun eating, drinking and singing ABBA songs at the dinner table (not that ABBA has anything to do with the show we're producing. Just humor me.)

The girls showed their enjoyment by dancing along to all the songs.

I don't think they ate very much.

[Perhaps THAT'S why Vivian gobbled up all of her breakfast this morning so quickly!]

My show officially opened this past weekend. We have been stressing about this beast of a script for weeks. One cast member even spoke of anxiety attacks during the day just thinking about it. We often joked to each other about "just WHY do we do this to ourselves????" Anyway, we finally opened and had FUN!! What a relief!! Our Friday night crowd was fantastic. All the stars aligned and everyone was on their game. We couldn't have asked for a better night to kick things off. The only thing that seemed to go awry was that I forgot a piece of my costume at home. I spend most of the first act in boxer shorts . . . which I discovered (too late) were at home in my laundry basket. Thankfully, Laurie wore capri-style sweats to the theater that night so I promptly asked her if I could borrow them for the show. Those same pants made another appearance later in the show when Dan realized that he didn't have his scrubs, either. Anyhoo . . .

We had a wonderful review that you can read about here.

Now I get to enjoy being a wife and mother again for a few days until we perform again this weekend.

I'm reveling in it!

No comments: