Thursday, October 30, 2008

Time sure does fly . . . am I having fun?

I just took a call from a co-worker. He called to congratulate me on my anniversary. I was confused for a sec since my wedding anniversary is less than a week away. I wondered to myself, "Gee, how nice of him to remember that."

And then it dawned on me! Yesterday was the official anniversary of my tenure at my company. Yup. I started working at Black & Veatch on October 29, 1990. 18 years ago.

EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO.

How can that be, you say? I must have been 12 when I started!

I hired in as a contract employee that summer of 1990 and never left. So, actually I've been here 18 years and four months. Whew. I never would have dreamed in a million years when I walked through those doors over 18 years ago that I would still be here today. Crazy.

And yes, my wedding anniversary and birthday are coming up in just a few days. I'm just hitting all the milestones this week.

Prepare youselves for a post on the crazy weekend I'm about to have. It's a doozy, I tell ya'!

(THANK YOU Janelle for the beautiful card!!!! Love you.)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Congrats on your anniversary with the company and on your upcoming birthday!