Monday, February 23, 2009

Catching up

I was on a business trip last week and I'm still getting caught up on life since my return on Thursday night. It was just a three-day jaunt to my company's corporate headquarters but with a delayed flight on Thursday night and an INSANE day back at the office on Friday, I got thrown into a bit of a tailspin.

The girls were mostly good while I was gone. Curt actually enjoyed his time with them, I believe. They went out to eat to Red Robin one night because Curt thinks that's the place where all the abandoned Dads take their kids. We see a lot of single Dads when we go there. In any case, the girls went easy on Daddy by being basically good-natured most of the time -- they even got up and out the door in the mornings without a fuss. Personally, I think they are on their best behavior with Daddy. There's just something incredibly comfortable when Mom is around and they lose all sense of propriety.

Only moments after I walked in the door Thursday night (after the squeals and hugs) did they start in with the crying and fighting over something. Curt looked at me in disbelief. "They did not act like that when you weren't here." It truly is amazing.

And apparently Vivian was completely unclear about where I went. She told her daycare provider earlier in the week "we can't find Mommy."

Well, I was found again and happy to be back home.

And despite lacking much motivation, we did have a full weekend of activities.

Curt and I had a wonderful date night on Saturday that I also need to write about. I took the girls to see Beauty & The Beast yesterday, which was a hoot. They dressed up as princesses and we took loads of pictures on the stage with the cast after the show. I hope to have pics up soon.

I guess I'm putting off most of my blog for another day. One thing at a time.

No comments: