Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Two days and counting

I haven't had much to say in recent days. Mostly because our family has been stricken this past week with a stomach virus of some sort.

It all started very innocently with Audrey telling us last Tuesday morning that her stomach hurt. I walked a very fine line of not believing her tale AT ALL to making the decision to stay home and keep a very close eye on her.

Whew. Glad I made the right choice.

By mid-afternoon, she was spending a lot of time in the bathroom. And then . . . oddly enough, my own stomach started feeling kind of crappy (and I mean that literally). So . . . two down now.

Audrey went back to school the next day but I stayed home yet another day.

On Friday morning, poor Vivian couldn't even lift her head at the breakfast table. Something was definitely not right in her world. She's NEVER one to complain about illness so she's not easy to diagnose . . . but this sign was very clear. Curt decided to take his turn at home with a kid so he stayed home while I went to work. That might not have been a wise choice. By Friday night, he too, had been hit. Bleh.

About this time last year, Curt and I were getting ready to take off for our first vacation in YEARS when we all came down with this very same thing.

I guess February is not our month!

We're still not 100% but we've all been at our respective desks/playgrounds for two days now. Now if I can just get Audrey to stop trying to wheezle her way out of school. She thinks saying her "stomach hurts" is automatic grounds for a day at home.

No comments: