Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A heart a day


I'm so thankful for the people that read my blog. Especially when they have little tidbits of advice to offer along the way.

Thanks to my niece, Heather, I have a new system we're trying out to make our morning routine a little more pleasant.

Heather emailed me yesterday after reading my blog to fill me in on her little secret. She has a "heart a day" plan in operation for her kiddos. For every morning that Paul and Hollie get ready without a fuss, they get to put a heart on the calendar for that day. After they get 30 hearts, they can pick out a new Wii or DS game of their choice.

Hey! I want in on that!

I couldn't wait to get home and print out some calendars of my very own!!

I filled Audrey in on the plan and she was also excited. I didn't mention the Wii or DS game option, but just informed her that she would get a treat and perhaps we could go shopping for something.

I couldn't believe how WELL this system worked this morning!! It was like a dream. Not only did Audrey bounce on air all morning, she also was up early, was the first to take a shower and even got her own breakfast. She was truly a model child.

She also took her shower in record speed. (On a normal day, she completely zones out and just stands in the hot water, day-dreaming. I'll admit, that feels good . . . but come on!) This morning, she decided that she wants to include stars on her calendar on the days that she showers quickly. Whatever works!

Audrey drew on a pink heart and a yellow star on the March 4th box of her calendar. Vivian scribbled a red blob on her calendar as well.

Day 1 in the bag! Keep your fingers crossed for us.

No comments: