Monday, January 3, 2011

One last Christmas scene

The tree is down and packed away. The outside lights were quickly disseminated while the weather tried to reach 50 degrees this weekend. And my heart is heavy thinking about the anniversary of my Dad's funeral.

We took our Christmas tree down on January 2nd. The day my Dad died. Audrey even pointed that fact out and dubbed Sunday the "saddest day ever." Yeah honey, it was. However, we got through it by going to church, lighting two candles (one for Mom, one for Dad) and just living our lives as Dad would want. We even took the girls to a Red Wings game! I never put the two dates together when I took the tickets home from work several weeks ago.

So, when I came across this picture that Vivian had drawn earlier in December, I felt compelled to post it. This Christmas scene was a recurring theme in all of her artwork leading up to the holidays. The fireplace with stockings and candles . . . the Christmas tree in the center with loads of gifts . . . all of it the same every time.

We're back at school and work today. It's January 3rd.

I wonder what Vivian will be drawing today.

No comments: