Friday, August 8, 2008

A lot of work and a little play

I had a really stressful week at work . . . actually last week was more stressful but it leaked into this week a bit. It was nothing earth-shattering. I just had a ton of projects to do simultaneously. And none of them were related so the folks I was working for couldn't care less that I was working on three other things. I wish I had one of those "take a number" machines outside of my office. That would be grand.

My nephew's wedding was sandwiched in there this weekend so that added to my stress. Don't get me wrong -- I love weddings and I was thrilled to attend. However, I was also the soloist for this wedding and had to attend several rehearsals to make it happen. I should also mention that this wedding was three hours away from me. So, when I was still sitting at my desk at 2:00 pm on Friday afternoon, I was sort of shitting my pants wondering if I was going to make the 7:00 pm wedding rehearsal in Ohio that night. I was very happy when I left the office.

And everything went well. Whew. Curt was my white knight again and was able to fix the church's WAY overboard sound system without blowing the place up.



We all hung out in the balcony during the wedding-- girls and all. Because there's nothing better than having a two-year old tugging at your leg while you sing the Ave Maria.

The wedding was beautiful. Everyone . . . well, most of the women anyway . . . cried all day and all night. Tears everywhere and we were all perplexed (especially my mom -- who didn't seem to understand why everyone was crying!) We decided that it's because my nephew is a pretty special guy. And he married a special girl and we were just all so HAPPY.



As expected, the girls had a ton of fun at the reception. The tables were filled with packs of gum labeled with the couple's names and wedding date. Audrey thought that was cool.




Unfortunately, we could not get the girls to take a nap earlier in the day, so they didn't last as long as we were hoping they would. It turns out I was pretty exhausted too so I don't know why that even concerned me.



















The weekend flew by and by Sunday afternoon, we were making the trek home again. Ahh . . . home, sweet home.


Oh yeah, I forgot, I had to fire up my laptop and do more work. Ugh. At least I could grab a glass of wine and sit in my comfy chair.

Shhhh . . . don't tell my boss I was drinking on the job.

No comments: