Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Recipes #3

This year, I decided to make an appetizer for the Waugh gathering. We're leaving in 10 minutes so I have no idea how this appetizer will go over, but I know it's one of my favorites. Wish me luck!

It's a little labor intensive . . . however, I was already up early working on the homemade dinner rolls (which I'll post about soon) so I had some time to kill while the dough was rising and the rest of the family was sleeping. I did the prep early and baked them about an hour before go time.


Bacon-wrapped water chestnuts

1 8 oz. can water chestnuts, whole, cut in half
1 lb. bacon slices, cut in half (I ended up using 1.5 lbs. )

Wrap bacon around water chestnuts and secure with toothpicks. Bake on foil-lined 13x9 pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Pour off grease.

Dip bacon wrapped chestnuts in sauce (below) and bake again at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Sauce
Blend in blender or processor (I doubled since I made extra above):
1/3 c ketchup
1/3 c sugar
1 tsp. soy sauce

No comments: