Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Clothing wars

Audrey went to school today in peach-colored yoga pants topped off with a pink and black princess shirt with jewels on it. In addition to that horrible combo, the shirt is just a tad bit too small. That was not the clothing suggestion I had displayed on the top of her dresser.

I always making clothing suggestions for Audrey but she rarely follows through with them. Sometimes, I'll make two or three. I figure we're at least a tiny bit closer to getting some clothes on her in the morning even if she doesn't like it. "I don't want to wear THAT" means we have one less from the 2,457 clothing combinations that are left.

I must be softening. In the past I would have begged or bribed her to get her to change her clothes. This morning I merely suggested that she might want to pick either different pants or a different top. In her defense, she did want to wear pink pants but the peach pants were the closest she could find. Sigh. Is it possible that she doesn't have any pink pants at the moment??? Hard to believe but I think it's true. I guess I need to fix that. (I also need to put that top she wore today in storage.)

Curt thinks this is all very amusing.

At least Vivian was stylish this morning.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh Kathy, this is SOOOO familiar. I was absolutely dictatorial with poor Curt. This is what you WILL wear. Finally gave in when I realized, relucantly, that his will was a strong as mine and his ideas were just fine. But not easy getting there.