Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Flippin' surprised!

So, I took a minute to read some Slate Magazine articles and one of them reminded me of something Audrey asked us about the other day. Apparently someone flipped the bird on national television at the Golden Globes.

Last week on the way home from school, Audrey asked me what the "bad word" was for using the middle finger. Huh?? I was surprised since I didn't even think she knew anything about the middle finger (that's grade school for ya'!)

I told her it was such a bad word that I didn't want to say it. But she insisted on knowing what it was.

I got out of it by telling her to ask her Dad.

Perhaps I should let her read this article instead. That's what my mom used to do. Instead of telling me about the birds and the bees, she was like . . . "uh . . . here. Read this."

No comments: