Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random musings


Hey there. How have you all been?

I don't have much to report even though somehow I feel like I haven't had an idle minute since before the holidays.

My New Year Resolution to get back in shape is in full swing and I'm still hard at work at it. Not bad for Jan. 28th. I've had a few slip-ups with my diet here and there but I haven't missed a single work out yet. It feels pretty good to have my muscles screaming at me.

I've become a huge fan of myfitnesspal.com . I've been keeping a food journal in there. They make it so easy. They're nice people at myfitnesspal. They're probably pretty, too. I'm obsessed with it, to be honest. My goal is to stay under 1200 calories a day.

In other news, I went to see Curt's show last weekend. He was in a musical about the Patty Hearst story. Our friend wrote and directed everything - including the music. I'm not sure what to say about it. I sat in the audience sort of dumbstruck by the whole thing. First of all, it's not a very happy story. It's pretty depressing, actually. And I wasn't crazy for most of the songs. I did like "Back to California" but that was because Curt sang it and he added his own style and flourish. Curt can do that in ways that other singers just can't.

So, rather than focusing on the story, I decided to pay attention to the other aspects of the show. I found myself really enjoying several of the performances. There were some talented people in the cast.

This show was a staged reading and our friend hopes to mount a full production in 2010. I hope Curt is not involved since the script calls for nudity. Actually, I already told Curt he couldn't be involved. Yes, I'm THAT kind of wife. Curt is all cool about it, but I seriously doubt he wants to do naked push-ups in front of 200 people every night for a four-week run.

Or perhaps he does and I'm depriving him.


No comments: