Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Busy: full of activity : bustling

I think I've been too busy to blog. Either that or nothing all that exciting or interesting has happened to me lately.

Hmmmmm.

I'm going to go with too busy.

My life is far from dull most of the time. With a hectic work schedule, a husband who's currently in rehearsals for a show and two small children, there's never a dull moment in our household.

Heck, I can't even keep up with my Facebook notifications or my Google Reader (I've got 116 unread Slate Magaine entries) much less type up a blog.

So that makes me wonder WHY I'm so busy suddenly???

I already mentioned my busy work schedule. Damn it all. BUT, I'm very happy and feel very blessed to have my job. Moving on.


I started a new workout program. For the past several months (ever since I was in MY show) I have really slacked off on any regular workout/diet program. I'm taking my New Years Resolutions seriously this year. I pitched every dreaded cookie and piece of candy from my house (except the Bailey's chocolate that Curt bought me for Christmas -- a girl needs a small indulgence every now and then), I cleaned out the fridge and went shopping for whole foods. Yay! But that means I'm doing a LOT more cooking these days.

I also started lifting weights again, which I LOVE. The program is called ChaLEAN Extreme and it's GREAT.

The other reason I'm so busy is that my family keeps requesting our presence in Ohio. We drove home last weekend (in virtual white-outs) to attend my nephew's wedding. I found out at Christmas that my nephew and his girl-friend were expecting so it was no big surprise when I got the call from Mason that said, "hey, I'm getting married on Saturday. It would be great if you could come." Uhhh . . . yeah!

Curt and I sang "From This Moment" as Kolby walked down the hallway of my parents' house into the living room where the ceremony was held. That song was longer than the marriage itself! It was really sweet, though. I heard my brother (Mason's dad) say under his breath, "now THAT's the kind of wedding I like!"

And finally, my husband is doing a show right now. It's a staged reading of the Patty Hearst story . . . and it's a musical. If that sounds horribly confusing, don't worry - I have no clue, either. The show runs next weekend and I'll have more information after I've seen it.

But his rehearsals run from 6:00 to 10:00 - which means he goes straight from work and he comes home just before I'm about to hit the hay. The girls and I are batching it for a couple of weeks. I hope we don't pull each others' hair out.

I wonder if that's why I've been a little grumpy lately?


No comments: