Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A budding artist


Vivian was in the game room as usual when I picked her up from daycare yesterday. She was sprawled on the floor with a piece of paper and a purple crayon.

She jumped up when she saw me (as she usually does) and very loudly said, "Mommy, I made a face!"

And by George, she did!

This is a picture of Vivian's first-ever face. [A little scary, perhaps, but it IS a face.]

She proudly carried it downstairs and out to the car. She kept staring at it and making comments. She finally stated that it needed "some hair. We'll have to find a purple crayon."

I dug up a purple crayon so she could finish the hair when we arrived home. That's when Audrey added her little note to Vivian (in first-grade-teacher-style).

Good job, indeed!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be hating on the first-grade-teacher style writing. :) I loooove Audrey. AND Viv.

Judy said...

Great talent.
Really.
Can't wait to see some more.
Any chance she could draw something for me?