Tuesday, December 16, 2008

You better watch out . . .


I always knew that Curt would make a great Santa Claus!

It turns out I was right.

And I got to witness it first hand right beside him as Mrs. Claus (mind you, I have never had the remotest thoughts about portraying Mrs. Claus . . . I'm far too young for that, you know.)

But when Lucy Ann from CTN asked us about pretending to be the jolly old couple for their annual "Santa Live" broadcast, how could we resist?

We spent several hours in the studio last Thursday night taking calls (with the help of an extremely precocious 12-yr old Elf Graeme) from children in the greater Ann Arbor area.

Our first hour was a little tough due to some technical trouble in the control room. We never knew exactly WHO we were talking to since calls kept getting cut off. One of my favorite moments was when Curt asked "Caleb" if he had been a "good little boy this year" to which the caller sternly announced, "I'm a GIRL!" Oops. Santa put himself on the naughty list after that one.

Another memorable call came from twin girls who only wished their mother's cancer would go away for Christmas.

Sniff.

I wasn't prepared for that but Curt very eloquently handled it. That's why HE'S Santa!



In case you missed us, the CTN network will be replaying SANTA LIVE all day on Christmas Day.




I'll just have to keep my girls away from the television . . . or Channel 17 in any case. They have no idea just how special their Daddy is!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!