Tuesday, December 23, 2008

O Holy Night

I just wanted to quickly comment that Audrey and I took part in my church's Nativity Story a couple of weekends ago. I haven't posted in awhile and I just got these photos up . . . so there you have it.

I tried to get Audrey to sing in the children's choir, but she was much more interested in wearing an angel costume. In the end, I'm glad she made that choice. She was an adorable angel and got to sit near the baby Jesus in the manger. She was ecstatic!!

I sang a solo and dressed like a shepherd.

The strangest thing happened during the production. There was a loud CRASH during the singing of "O Holy Night." I was backstage so I didn't know what happened, but I thought perhaps one of the trees fell down. However, they kept singing so I figured everything must be fine.

I later discovered that the sanctuary candle had fallen and exploded! How very bizarre.

Jesus had left the building.

I turned to the mom who was holding our baby Jesus for the show and said, "I guess he's in charge now."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some of the content is very worthy of my drawing, I like your information!