Monday, September 15, 2008

Another weekend behind us

They're just whipping by, aren't they???

Oh? You're not traveling every weekend? Oh . . . silly me. I thought everyone was doing it. We just keep ignoring the gas spikes and chug, chug, chug along.

Actually, we had a ton of fun this weekend. The weather was GORGEOUS in Ohio (if you didn't mind the hurricane-effect winds)! And although we got some much-needed rain in Michigan over the weekend, I was happy to escape it and get out of town.

I forgot to bring my camera so I have no documentation, but we hung out with my family for an annual soup cook contest. It was held at my nephew Jason's house who lives out in the country. The weekend consisted of drinking, eating, giving kids rides in the golf cart, more drinking, Curt swimming in the neighbor's pond, lots of variations on vegetable soup (all of which had MEAT in them), the kids playing in the truck and staying up WAY too late, campfires and horrible football (both UofM and OSU lost).

On Sunday morning, we helped clean up the aftermath from the party over coffee and egg casseroles. Thanks Jason and Angie!

Our small clan headed back to Michigan to get in on some of that rain action. But it was a perfect way to end the weekend. I loved being cocooned in my house while it rained outside. I drank some wine while I made chicken piccata for dinner. We put the girls to bed and watched Saturday Night Live on the DVR. [That first skit was hilarious . . . it went downhill from there.]

Is it true? I actually RELAXED this weekend???!!!! It was awesome.

No comments: