Monday, September 8, 2008

Guess you better slow your Mustang down

We had another exhausting weekend. They just keep coming . . . one right after another. I'm really craving a relaxing, boring weekend full of absolutely nothing to do. [Including having all of the laundry done and the house immaculately clean. Yeah. That would be so nice. Dream on.]

My nephew, Josh, got married over the weekend. [Yes, another wedding for another nephew.] It was a beautiful wedding with a beautiful bride and an absolutely beautiful day.

I managed to hack my way through singing the wedding ceremony. This was no small feat due to the fact that I've been coughing non-stop for two weeks and completely lost my voice the week prior. And for some reason we Catholics really like to sing a concert at these weddings. On the itinerary were little ditties like Panis Angelicus, Ave Maria, Bridal Prayer, plus an enormous amount of hymns and Mass pieces. I chugged water like a fish and gargled what I like to call the "Katie Hoag special" during the ceremony. [Thanks Katie - I know you're reading. It helped!]

I missed most of the rehearsal dinner/party because I went to bed early to avoid talking and socializing. At least Curt got to enjoy himself a bit. He was none-too-pleased that I dragged him out of work early on yet another Friday afternoon. However, he managed to continue working on his Blackberry while driving down I-75. Everybody wins.

I made up for Friday night by enjoying myself at the wedding on Saturday night. Thank GOODNESS! Vivian took a nap in my lap for a bit so she was golden for the rest of the night and danced up a storm. Audrey fell asleep on Curt's lap eventually and then we transferred her to some cushy chairs to rest while we continued with the reception. Yeah, just call us "Parents of the Year."

I can post some photos as soon as I have a spare minute in the next month or so . . . but we did manage to capture this video of Curt singing at the reception. Josh wanted Uncle Curt to sing Mustang Sally just because he wanted Curt to sing it. It really has nothing to do with marriage or love or couples or anything. I guess somebody buys somebody a car. Is that what it's about? I dunno. I think the band was a little surprised by just how GOOD Uncle Curt was. They weren't expecting that.

Watch how all the little kiddos jump up on stage with their plastic guitars that the band handed out. SO cute! Vivian's strutting her stuff and Audrey gets to sing "Ride Sally Ride."

2 comments:

Judy said...

So good. Just so good. I just sent this youtube treasure EVERYWHERE. Thanks for capturing, thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

:) You are SO welcome, Miss Waugh - The "Katie Hoeg" special is a treat for all. :) Caitlin facebooked me asking for the recipe to the Katie Hoeg cocktail. I can only imagine she had heard tell of it from you. :)

Love love love.