Thursday, September 25, 2008

A little joy today

A few milestones need to be mentioned.

************************

Audrey walked to school almost by herself today. She has been begging to do it and we've been talking about the route she needs to take and she seems confident that she can handle it.

However, I was still surprised this morning when Curt asked Audrey if she wanted to walk to school today while he road alongside her in the car. Of course she said YES!!!

So, I watched my little girl with her pink backpack literally skip down the sidewalk while my husband drove very slowly along the curb. Too cute! [Although, I must admit I was nervous. I called Curt twice on his cell phone.] I guess she reached the "hole" in the fence area near the school and waved him off as if to say, "I've got it now. You can go."

I can't wait to ask her about it after school today.

************************

Vivian's favorite night-time stories these days are a collection of mini-Disney books that have been around since Audrey was her age (thanks to a birthday or Christmas gift from her diaper buddy, Nicolas).

Curt captured Vivian reading 101 Dalmations (her current favorite).

Here are Curt's notes on his Youtube account, so you can follow along:

1) Pong and Perdita are dalmations

2) Their pupplies like to watch television (Vivian adds, "Do you like to watch television? OK")

3) Cruella de Vil steals the puppies.

4) Pongo and Perdita ask the colonel for help.

5) Tibs and some friends rescue the puppies.

************************
We have been hard-hit with illnesses among family members and friends this past week, so life has been a bit rocky lately. It's these little but joyous moments that keep us going.

Thank God for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I didn't tell Kathy was that some woman drove up next to me and asked, "Are you her father?" I told her I was, which was pretty obvious from up close. But apparently I also looked like a stalker following this little girl down the road. Good times.